Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home Again.

I've made it back home! I wish I could tell you I had nothing to do but to sit around and be lazy, but I have lots of wedding prep for a friend to take care of, and no time to sit around to do nothing! But I think it's better this way, because if I had nothing to do I would wish I was back in Asia more than I do already.  I think I was ready to come home, but there's always a part of me that will always want to be somewhere abroad.  I loved waking up with something new to do everyday, some new food to try in every city, or new people to meet in every hostel. I ate more Pho and Pad Thai than I thought was humanely possible, and even more ice cream! haha.

The people in every country I visited were absolutely wonderful! So nice, so considerate, and so welcoming! (Well minus a few people in Vietnam..i.e. Mafia cabbie). It's amazing to see how resilient the human spirit can really be, especially after learning so much about the history in all the countries I visited.

I most certainly did not get enough of S.E. Asia and CANNOT wait to go back!! I've already got another trip out there planned, but since school will be limiting all of my vacation time now, I think I will have to stick to shorter trips close by until I get more time.  So, my next set of trips will be taking place in Latin America.  In the meantime, I'll read up on all the things that peaked my curiosity in Asia, and then I can start getting back into my Spanish. haha.

Thanks to everyone who kept up with reading this blog! It was great to keep you all updated on all of my adventures! I hope you found them to be as entertaining as I did! I'm happy to be home for a bit to spend some time with my family before I head back to NYC for school. It's almost as exotic a locale as Asia was, so if anyone will be visiting, please let me know! I've made a wonderful new group of friends from all over, but mostly Canada and England, and would love to have even more visitors!  In the meantime, the fishbowl blog will be retired again I guess. I hope it's not too long before I get to revive it though!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment