Monday, January 18, 2010

Living out of a backpack will not be easy.

WARNING: The first post of my blog is going to be really boring. Don't judge me too harshly.

Right, so I have a blog. It's a weird feeling. haha.  Hopefully you all don't think I'm too arrogant or anything.. I figured it would be a good way to keep in touch and reassure family that I'm still safe.  Plus you can upload video and pictures, and I've noticed my traveling friends seem to find good use out of it..

I am leaving for my trip in 2 weeks, and I feel like there's still so much to do! There's always stuff to buy but my bag does not want to fit it all, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get all my crap down there without falling over from the weight.  Right now my bag screams "TOURIST! MUG ME!."  It's not very reassuring.

And I got even better news to start my day from mom: two earthquakes in South America today which was reconfirmed by dad not an hour later.  They are hiding their stress fairly well, but after all the news about Haiti, it does not help my case to travel to a far away continent with a complete stranger from Ireland. I told dad I'd find a doorway to stand under just in case. I think it helped..

Hopefully the news gets a little happier in the next few weeks, and I can come to terms with taking only one pair of pants on my trip.  One pair? Really? I thought I was low maintenance, but this trip is taking that term to a whole new place that I'm having a lot of trouble getting to.  Until I get there though, I have an endless cycle of packing and repacking my bag ahead of me until I can get rid of enough stuff to stop resembling a yellow turtle. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment