Monday, April 5, 2010

The Navimag: I'm on a boat!

Not much to say about the Navimag boat ride, unfortunately.  It was a fantastic four days to unwind and relax, and if I had finished the W trek at Torres, I would have most certainly appreciated the time to sit around and do nothing, but since I did that for two days before getting onto the boat, I was pretty bored the entire time and pretty antsy to get off the boat and do something.  But that also could have been because the weather was horrible and rainy and cloudy making us stay inside the boat in one of two rooms: the bar area or the dining hall.  To the Navimag's credit, they did show movies and have lectures on fauna and glaciers and other educational things. And I did attempt to sit through one of those lectures--but I did not last through the first and I never made it back for lectures 2 - 4.

The four of us, plus a kid from NYC, Brad, spent a lot of time reading and playing cards.  One good movie that was played was an Argentine film called The Secret of the Eyes (or something close to that in spanish).  Great movie, nominated for an oscar this year--watch it if you are bored and make a trip to blockbuster.

Spent four days on the boat eating and playing cards and reading.  Never saw a whale or dolphin or any other animal for that matter except for the cows that were also on our ship being transported.  We arrrived into Puerto Monte and headed straight to the bus station to head back into Argentina to go to chocolate lovers Bariloche. YUM! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment